The Overnight Weekend Shelter Advocate is responsible for providing support and advocacy to victims of domestic violence and their children in the Sunrise Village emergency shelter and DV hotline, including assisting shelter residents with daily living needs and providing general support and shelter coverage. The Shelter Advocate also documents services provided to clients through the client records log, prepares rooms for new residents, conducts house checks, and attends supervision and team meetings. Work shifts may include days, evenings, weekends, overnights, and holidays to ensure adequate coverage of the shelter program. Regular Part-time, Variable Part-time/Relief Shelter Advocates provide weekend and overnight coverage in addition to weekday and holiday coverage as needed.
- Associate degree in a human services-related field, relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience in a residential facility setting strongly preferred.
- Experience working with trauma survivors strongly preferred.
- Experience in crisis intervention preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues preferred.
If interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Sahagun, at firstname.lastname@example.org.