Job Title: Bookkeeper & HR Assistant
Report To: Finance & Administration Manager
Location: 735 E. Lexington Drive Glendale, CA 91206
Pay Status: Full Time, Hourly, Non Exempt
Summary of Job: Under the direction of the Finance & Admin Director is responsible for performing a variety of professional, administrative and technical functions including, but not limited to finance, human resources, contract management and records retention.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Accounts Receivable (A/R)
- Ensuring accuracy and efficiency of A/R processing and monitoring of incoming payments and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts;
- Processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures;
- Performs daily financial transition including, but not limited to, verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording A/R data;
- Posting receipts and monthly billings for rentals;
- Prepares request for invoices and bank deposits
- Correspond with vendors to ensure proper invoicing;
- Verifying discrepancy by and resolve contract billing issues
Accounts Payable (A/P)
- Ensuring the Organization’s bills are processed in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- Accurately code all expenses to the appropriate General Ledger (G/L) code;
- Ensure support back-up documentation is maintained and updated as needed (i.e, W-9, contracts, etc.)
- Prepare reports and requests for staff reimbursement including expenditure reports, statistical spreadsheets, vendor invoice copies and other related materials;
- Updates and prepares payroll including processing on-line and paper timesheets, proper coding, and maintaining payroll reports & files’
- Calculates monthly Worker’s Compensation invoice;
- Oversee Retirement Plan, including enrollments, changes and billing;
- Assist with the management of government contracts, including guidelines, preparation of grant budgets and reports;
- Ensure that monthly/yearly fiscal close out report takes place on timely bases and new grants are categorized correctly as restricted or unrestricted;
- Correspond with grant contract monitors to ensure compliance;
- Submit and monitor contract billing for grants;
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of actual to budget reports by grant, reforecasting of annual budget, and assisting in the preparation of the annual budget;
- Assist Director of Finance and Administration with financial reports, special project and administrative reports
- Assist with annual audit and implementation of any process or operational changes
- Keep information confidential
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to tome.
- Degree(s): Associate or Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Certificate(s): None
- Job Requirements: Thorough knowledge of A/P, A/R and QuickBooks Pro;
- At least two years prior experience with QuickBooks Pro, AP/AR and Excel. A valid California C Drivers license, working vehicle, proof of insurance, and a Criminal Background Clearance.
- Prior Experience: Excellent organizational and analytical skills along with a strong foundation in data base systems. Must work well under deadline pressures with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Two or more years of experience in accounting and data collection. Experience managing grants, or contracts from government sources, and completing required funding reports and protocols a plus.
- Specialized Knowledge: Contract and grants administration a plus.
- Language: Required English
- Personal Qualifications: Support the mission of the YWCA and the goals of the YWCA Glendale. Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds, have sound judgment and be able to multi-task. Candidate must possess strong leadership qualities and effective conflict resolution skills.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO JOBS@GLENDALEYWCA.ORG