YWCA Glendale depends on in-kind donations of items that are vital to the operation of our Sunrise Village Emergency Shelter and Domestic Violence Service Center. Our clients often come to us with very few personal belongings or resources. The community has been very generous in donating these items and we feel incredibly grateful. The following guidelines aim to make the best use of our limited storage space, limited availability of staff to handle these donations and to ensure that donated items are put to their best use.
Please remember that empowerment and dignity are keys to recovery for our clients. For this reason, we ask that all in-kind donations meet the guidelines listed below. Thank you for your understanding and support!
IN CURRENT URGENT NEED OF: (NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2017)
WOMEN’S AND CHILDREN’S WINTER CLOTHING
NON PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS
- Gift cards (Target, Walmart, Payless, Kohl’s, gas, grocery, etc.)
- Tickets to movies, museums, sporting events, theme parks, etc.
- School Supplies
Personal Care (new items only)
- Diapers and wipes
- Feminine hygiene products
- New comforters, blankets and bed linens
- Bath towels (new or gently used and clean)
- Non-perishable/unexpired items: canned food, cereal, snacks, etc.
*If you have these types of items that you would like to donate, please call ahead to see if they are currently needed.
Women’s, infants and children’s clothing, shoes and accessories that are:
- Contemporary (within the past five years)
- Gently worn or brand new
- Clean and free from holes or stains
- Strollers, high chairs, bassinettes, bath tubs, etc. (must be clean)
- New or gently used toys and books
- Torn, soiled or dated clothing
- Used undergarments
- Used toiletries
- Used bedding
- Large and outdated appliances
Amazon Wish List
Visit our Amazon Wish List, choose the item(s) you would like to donate and then ship them directly to us in just a few clicks.
Click here to visit our Amazon WishList.
For more information about organizing a donation “drive”, please email email@example.com or call YWCA Glendale at (818)242-4155 ext.228. Thank you!