The Volunteer Counselor is responsible for helping implement educationally fun activities for small to medium size groups. Volunteer counselors will be responsible for encouraging teamwork, skill achievement, individual growth and the general safety of the group.
About Camp Rosie: Girls on the Rise
This exciting summer program emphasizes girls’ empowerment through workshops and team-building exercises, along with technology and art projects. The camp teaches life skills such as healthy relationships, nutrition, self-defense, and physical fitness. It also incorporates the value of culture through workshops and field trips to the Huntington Library & Gardens, Olivera Street, and Griffith Observatory. Additionally, girls prepare for the future through the camps’ diverse female guest speakers, tours of college campuses, as well as learning entrepreneurship and civic engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with a variety of small and large group activities
- Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the camp program
- Know, enforce and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas
- Help Camp Director and Assistant Counselor as needed
- Pass background check/LiveScan & have current negative TB test
- Must be physically able to participate in all camp activities, including but not limited to local field trips, hiking and physical games
- From 9:00 am – 3:00 pm for each session
If you are interested, please fill out a Volunteer Application
Email any questions to email@example.com