YWCA Glendale’s Hope Closet supplies women’s and children’s clothing, home goods, shoes and accessories to survivors of domestic violence. The Hope Personal Closet Shopper provides service and assists in maintaining our displays.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet customers and assist those who may be looking for something specfic, like appropriate attire for a job interview, meeting, school, etc
• Sort donations based on YWCA Glendale’s donation criteria and place items in appropriate locations within store
• Pass background check/LiveScan
• Kindness and patience while assisting Hope Closet customers
• Must possess a strong level of maturity and commitment to working with victims of domestic violence
• Must be able to lift 15+ lbs
• Good oral/written communication skills
• Be self-motivated and good at working independently or with another volunteer
We’re looking for volunteers to be stationed at our Hope Closet, Mondays through Wednesdays. Two shifts are available: 10am to 1:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm. Shifts can be adjusted somewhat if necessary.
If you are interested, please fill out a Volunteer Application
Email any questions to JdosSantos@glendaleywca.org