YWCA Glendale’s Hope Closet supplies women’s and children’s clothing, home goods, shoes and accessories to survivors of domestic violence. The Hope Closet volunteer maintains and assists in the sorting, organizing and display of donations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet customers and assist those who may be looking for something specific, like appropriate attire for a job interview, meeting, school, etc
• Sort donations based on YWCA Glendale’s donation criteria and place items in appropriate locations within store
• Take inventory of items so we provide up to date information to our clients
• Pass background check/LiveScan
• Retail experience preferred
• Must be able to lift 15+ lbs
• Good oral/written communication skills
• Be self-motivated and good at working independently or with another volunteer
We are open from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. We are looking for someone who can help for a few hours a week.
If you are interested, please fill out a Volunteer Application
Email any questions to email@example.com