JOIN US FOR CAMP ROSIE 2019!
3 SUMMER SESSIONS AVAILABLE:
- Session 1: June 17-June 28, 2019
- Session 2: July 8-July 19, 2019
- Session 3: July 29-August 9, 2019
*Camper may only register for one session.
Registration for Session 1 closes June 3rd so register your camper today!
HOW TO REGISTER (FOLLOW EACH STEP IN ORDER):
- Complete the online camp application here.
- Download Camp Rosie 2019 Forms and Waivers and submit to Dannielle Johnson, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in-person or by mail to YWCA Glendale 735 E Lexington Drive Glendale, CA 91206.
- Invite your friends!
Wish to submit a paper application? Download the pdf.
For more information on Camp Rosie, contact Dannielle Johnson at (818) 242-4155 ext. 228 or email@example.com.
ABOUT CAMP ROSIE 2019
In partnership with Soroptimist International of Glendale, YWCA Glendale is offering a no-cost girls empowerment camp for 7th-9th grade girls.
Named after Rosie the Riveter, Camp Rosie is a 2-week summer day camp where girls can explore what the world has to offer them by learning trades and skills not often taught to young girls. In this girl-centered space, campers have an opportunity to express their potential while building friendships and making connections with female entrepreneurs and role models.
Download our Camp Rosie flyer.
Camp Rosie campers will participate in the following activities:
- Workshops that explore healthy relationship-building and bystander intervention
- Hands-on exposure to STEM and trades activities
- Career support & exploration through Soroptimist International of Glendale’s Dream It Be It
- Mentoring opportunities with female leaders
- Creative arts activities that encourage self-expression
- Service-learning projects that connect campers to issues that affect our community
Thank you to our sponsors and Partners for Camp Rosie
Check out our photos from Camp Rosie 2018!
SUPPORT CAMP ROSIE
Be an Assistant Camp Counselor
We are seeking an 18+ volunteer who is interested in becoming an Assistant Camp Counselor. The position is 30 hours/week for 8 weeks. For more information on position duties and expectations, click here. To apply, submit your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We could not offer our camp at no-cost without generous donations from people like you. Consider donating the following items today:
- $$$ to support field trips and guest speakers
- Healthy snacks
- Boxed lunches
- Arts and crafts supplies
If you’d like to drop off donated goods, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to schedule a time to come by.